Tuesday, February 19, 2013

My Valentine (day)

I know this is late, but here's my Valentine post (finally).

I split it into two parts, for day and night.

So here's the daytime section:

Valentine's Day outfit Valentine's Day outfit

I wore my heart neck dress with a thick pink sash, and my thin cream cardigan.

Paired it off with my ballet flats and a pearl drop headband.

I wanted to go for a pretty romantic look for the day, giving a nod to St. Valentine without going too over the top.

Valentine's Day outfit

We decided to go for dim sum before I had to work.

I had heard good things about New Town Bakery & Restaurant, and really wanted to try their award winning buns and pastries.

dim sum

They have a big steamer of buns on top of the building!

dim sum dim sum dim sum

This is their award winning Chicken Deluxe Bun. It was packed with a variety of ingredients, and had great flavor. I couldn't really make out the chicken though.. tasted more like pork to me hah.

dim sum dim sum

This is another award winner; the Apple Tart. I loved this. It was like a normal strudel, but with super buttery/flaky pastry and nice gooey filling WITHOUT cinnamon. I hate cinnamon. Which is why I usually don't like apple-y desserts. But this was just to die for.

dim sum dim sum

The pork filled turnover is a Chinese bakery staple, but I had never heard of or tried the Prawn Turnover.

What. Have I been missing? This is like 100x better than the pork version. I really don't know why it's not more prevalent in Asian bakeries/supermarkets.

Delicious.

So I hope you all had a great Valentine's Day, and tune in for my part 2!

New Town Bakery & Restaurant 新城餅家餐室 on Urbanspoon

7 comments: