Tuesday, February 19, 2013

My Valentine (night)

So this is a continuation of my Valentine's day post.

After work I wanted to change for dinner as I thought my day outfit was a little too cute/girly for where we were going.Valentine outfitI wore my floral crop top with a high waisted red skirt and topped it off with my black chevalier blazer and my new thick gold necklace. I thought this would be more appropriate for nighttime, having a bit more edge but still having some feminine/Valentine aspects.

Valentine outfit

Valentine outfit

I had put off making reservations for the longest time, so by the time I finally got around to it most places were all booked up for February 14th.

Coast, however still had some room and we managed to get a late table.

Coast Vancouver

One of my favourite things at Coast is their Caesars.

They have the best ones in town. With just the right amount of a spicy kick, and actually comes with a jumbo prawn as a garnish!

It's like a meal in a glass.

DSC_0107b

We started off with the Seafood Tower, which included jumbo prawns, shucked local oysters, dungeness crab, marinated mussels and salmon nigiri.

Coast Vancouver Coast Vancouver

The presentation was beautiful as it came flowing in a mist of dry ice.

Coast Vancouver

They no longer offered their lobster mac & cheese so I decided to try their Crab Poutine instead. It's served with smoked bacon and a sunny side up egg.

Was great, and had a decent amount of crab inside.

DSC_0130b

This is one of my favorite flatbreads ever. Truffled Brie with roasted portobello, truffle oil, arugula, ricotta and farm egg.

The combo is crazy good, and even though it's completely vegetarian, you don't notice at all since the the protobello mushroom is so meaty.

Coast Vancouver

Ah the main event. Lobster Stuffed with Dungeness Crab served with garlic greens and tobasco hollandaise.

This thing was massive.

lobster stuffed with crab

lobster

Felt so indulgent eating this hah. The hollandaise was very rich, and the amount of butter in this dish is ridiculous. Good thing calories on holidays don't count (Lucy's rules).

We were very full after this feast, but since it was Valentine's Day I felt like we had to get some kind of a sweet treat.

chocolatecakeThis is the Mocha Hazelnut Torte with caramelized nuts and mocha cream. It was a pretty standard cake. Not my favourite, as the texture was a bit dry (I like my cakes moist!).

dessert

Also had the Bruleed Lemon Cello Tarte, over a shortbread crust and served with sweet basil puree and goat cheese cream.

I used to hate all lemon desserts. Like loathed them. But I've just recently grown to enjoy them, and decided to chance it on this experimental dish.

Well it turned out well, because I loved this. It went really well with the goat cheese cream. Suprisingly! As goat cheese cream sounds kind of disgusting, but this was actually really yummy. And the presentation of the plate is gorgeous with the colors and spun sugar.

So anyways, hope you all had a great Valentine's night (as well as day) and thanks for reading! :)

Coast Restaurant on Urbanspoon

14 comments:

  1. You look fab and the food looks amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooh your outfit looks yummy and so does, the food. Someone was spoilt ;)
    Hope you're having a wonderful day so far xx Karen

    ReplyDelete
  3. Have I mentioned before that i'm totally jealous of all the yummy places you go to eat hahaha.
    Your outfit looks gorgeous (as usual)- you lucky spoilt girl haha ;)
    Lovely post,
    Holly xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks so much Holly!
    Hah yeah I am definitely a food fiend ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cant figure out who looks better you or the food!!! I am sure your date was happy to see you looking all classy and chic!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey, just to let you know I nominated you for the very inspiring blog award. See link for details
    http://louslabyrinth.wordpress.com/2013/02/22/very-inspiring-blog-award/

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, thanks so much! I feel honored :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a great outfit. Love that red skirt!
    The food looks delicious!
    x Kirsty
    *Geelong Fashionista*

    ReplyDelete