Thursday, September 12, 2013

DIY Floral Crown Tutorial

Channeling my inner Lana Del Rey for my first ever tutorial on the blog.

I've been meaning to try creating this for the longest time, and have finally gotten around to really doing it!

Sifting through the countless tutorials online, I found that most can actually be quite complex and time consuming. But through my own performance, I've come to discover a really quick and simple way to efficiently create a pretty floral crown.

Continue reading to see how!

floral crown tutorialVancouver fashion blog

Vancouver fashion blogVancouver fashion blog

STEP 1: Separate all the individual flowers from the stems and leaves.

STEP 2: Work the wired stems into a circular shape using your hands and the wire cutters as needed. This will be the base for your crown.

STEP 3: Wind floral wire all around the crown base you created in Step 2 giving yourself ample slack as you work.

STEP 4: Pull at a section of the wire to create a large loop (this is why you need some slack in the wire from Step 3).

STEP 5: Work the base of the individual flowers into the loop, and then tighten.

STEP 6: Repeat Steps 4 & 5 until you have filled the entire crown or to your own desired taste.

Vancouver fashion blogVancouver fashion blogVancouver fashion blogVancouver fashion blogVancouver fashion blog

If any of you guys try this out, please let me know how it goes!

Floral Lace Cut-Out Dress: Topshop  |  Wood Structural Heels: Spring  |  Turquoise & Gold Layered Necklace (worn as bracelet): Spring  |  Gold Mini Rings: Ebay

8 comments:

  1. This looks so beautiful - and I love your dress! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooh! I love floral crowns! This is a great tutorial. Thanks :)

    And I am also completely in love with that dress. It's too cute!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your playful facial expressions in these shots - so cute and you've got such a beautiful smile. Sweet dress too, I love the sexy cutouts!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ooh so pretty! I looove flower crowns. Wore one to my graudation :)

    ReplyDelete