Thursday, January 3, 2013

Happy Jar

Happy New Year everyone! Hope you all enjoyed your first few days of the new year.

Do any of you have any new year's resolutions you want to share?

Well this year, I've decided to try something new. I'm going to start a Happy Jar.

The idea is every time something good happens to me, I'm going to write it down on a slip of paper, and put it in my Happy Jar. Then next NYE, I'll open it up and read about all the wonderful things that happened that year. I think it will be a great way to top off 2013 :) focusing on the positive, and reminding me of all the great memories that were created.

I just took a jar I had lying around, and decorated it with some ribbon, twine and a heart made from aluminum foil. The slips of paper are from this cute little notebook I got at the night market for only $1.

DSC_0058b

DSC_0060b

DSC_0072

DSC_0071

I'm really looking forward to filling this jar up with Happy.

9 comments:

  1. This is an awesome idea to the point where I think I might have to start something similar of my own!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You should! Super simple and easy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. great idea :)so when your sad you can look at the happy things you went trough

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love this idea, I may have to do the same :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's such a feel-good way to mark your year with positivity :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am doing this too! Love it :) <3

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love this! i may just have to try it myself, its often harder to remember the good times than the bad.

    ReplyDelete