Tuesday, December 25, 2012

Merry Christmas

Merry Christmas everyone!

I hope you're all having a great time relaxing, and spending time with loved ones.

Our tree finally got some presents underneath!

DSC_0007b

For my days off, I decided to tackle a tiramisu recipe from scratch. It's one of my favorite desserts, and I've always wondered how it was made.

It actually turned out really well, and got rave reviews at the dinner party that I brought it to!

Here's a quick recap of my little kitchen adventure :)

DSC_0058b

Decided to do dark chocolate shavings rather than cocoa powder dusting.

DSC_0085b

I was bringing this to a Christmas dinner so I really wanted the presentation to be on point. I knew from past trifles that it can be quite hard to make the layering look pretty, so I went with a ladyfinger fence instead.

DSC_0089b

Kinda just winged it from seeing pictures, but I think it turned out pretty well.

DSC_0111b

DSC_0124b

There's always time for a ribbon :)

DSC_0021b DSC_0037b DSC_0027b DSC_0039b

I left it in the fridge overnight for all the espresso flavors to sink in, and voila!

Couldn't believe how easy this was to make, and how freaking delicious it was.

Seriously. Everyone needs to go and make this right now.

3 comments:

  1. This looks yummy! I need a step by step recipe pls

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yum! its one of my favorite desserts too. that and Creme Brule :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, me too! I love creme brule, I think I could eat 10 of them no problem. I always felt like the little portions they give me aren't satisfying enough! Lol.

    ReplyDelete