Wednesday, December 26, 2012

Ballet & Thierry

Ever since I was a little girl, I've always wanted to go see a real live ballet rendition of The Nutcracker. It's just such a classic.

Well, the other night I finally got my chance! Got some tickets to see it performed by the GOH Ballet Acadamy at the The Centre in Vancouver for Performing Arts.

DSC_0060c1

I took it as a chance to wear my new dress from Topshop, and topped it off with a classic high bun.

This was my first ballet, so I don't really have anything to compare it to.. but I thought the performance was fantastic. My favorite part was having the live orchestra present; it really makes the experience seem so much more alive, and they played all my favorite Nutcracker classics with such aplomb.


After the show, we decided to go for dessert at Thierry Chocolate Patisserie Café. The place was PACKED.

Couldn't get a table, so we just grabbed some goodies to go.

DSC_0074B

DSC_0073B

We ended up getting a chocolate eclair, a piece of tiramisu, and a six pack of macarons.

DSC_0092

DSC_0096

The tiramisu was pretty good, but quite pricy for the serving size. My favorite was the eclair. Nice light shell with a creamy thick chocolaty filling... mhm.

And of course, I had to get macarons (my favorite!). Because it was quite late into the evening already, they didn't have much selection left. We just got a couple of each; hazelnut, chocolate, and caramel.

They had a nice chewy texture, with just the right balance of sweetness.

However, I do still prefer the ones from Soirette Macarons & Tea; they always have a large selection to choose from, including my all time favorite- pistachio :)

Does anyone else feel like Vancouver goes through such sweeping dessert fads?

First it was cupcakes... then macarons... and now I'd say that the current focus is on doughnuts.

What do you think the next one will be?


Thierry Chocolaterie Patisserie Cafe on Urbanspoon

8 comments:

  1. I KNOW LOVE your blog & I know you will love this too http://everydayfashionwitha.wordpress.com xoxo -Aden

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your outfit is SO cute -- and I love your photos. (: I just recently purchased my own DSLR and I'm still playing around with it to snap the perfect shot. And these are phenomenal. Care to offer any photo tips? (:

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks! I'm still trying to figure out photography myself hah, but I guess the best tip I could give for now is pay attention to lighting. It's probably the single most important step you can take to improve your photos!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely dress and hair and everything really :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm very happy to discover this site. I want to to thank you for your time for this particularly fantastic read!! I definitely enjoyed every bit of it and i also have you book-marked to look at new stuff on your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awh thanks :) so glad to hear you enjoy it!

    ReplyDelete