Wednesday, December 19, 2012

Flowers & Fable

It was me and my boyfriend's 2 year anniversary on Monday, and it started off with a surprise delivery of my favorite flowers to my work :) so sweet!

039

Then, I came home to find two more sets of flowers waiting for me at the door.

Image

Image

Image

This one is called The Guardian (according to the florist) so I'm going to keep it in my room.

045

Later in the evening, we went for dinner at Fable Kitchens. It's an open kitchen concept restaurant run by Top Chef Canada contender Trevor Bird.

024

I was dying to try their canned tuna that everyone was raving about. Albacore tuna with olive oil, fingerling potatoes and a hint of lemon served with crostinis and rock salt.

Was absolutely amazing. Love the subtle notes of flavors and texture.

027

029

More food!

030 031

This is their Spaghetti and Meat Balls; duck meat ball over tagliatelle and mushrooms. When it first came I thought it was an egg! But the white layer on top is actually cheese foam haha.

As we cut it open, juices and sauce slid out over the pasta. I think this was my favorite of the night; so flavorful!

033034

For my main dish I had the special of the night which was potato crusted beef cheeks. My boyfriend had the flat iron steak.

036035

And finally, dessert!

We shared the opera torte: hazelnut dacquoise, espresso ice cream, and the daily sweet bites: pear puree eclairs, in-house baked cookies and macarons.

038 037

It was an amazing day and a wonderful meal. I would definitely come back again, they have a unique and creative menu that's executed perfectly.

Have any of you tried any new restaurants lately?

Fable Kitchen on Urbanspoon

3 comments:

  1. beautiful shots of the flowers.... =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! It's easy when the subject is beautiful :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello you have a good blog over here! Thanks for sharing this interesting stuff for us! If you keep up this good work I'll visit your site again. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete