Sunday, December 23, 2012

Christmas Lunch

Me and my girlfriends decided to celebrate Christmas with a lunch at Trattoria Italian Kitchen. We've been trying to coordinate a dinner for a while, but none of us have had time, so we settled for a little daytime get-together.

My outfit:

IMG_7613cIMG_7615cchristmas outfit christmas outfit

I wanted to go for a Christmasy feel. Something colorful and cute with a hit of preppy.

My secret santa gift:

DSC_0007b DSC_0009b

Can you guess what it is ;)

When we got to Trattoria, I noticed right away that their lunch menu was a smaller condensed version of their dinner one.

trattoria lunch menu

I saw a nearby customer with a dish that was served in a cast iron skillet, and immediately knew that was what I wanted. I guessed- and was confirmed by the server, that it was the tagine.

DSC_0025b

Tomato poached eggs, chicken sausage, eggplant, sun-dried tomatoes, arugula, charred scallions.

It was delicious. Great combination of different textures, and the sausages had a nice kick. I used the bread to slop up the leftover saucy goodness.

Two of my friends decided to go with the classic eggs benedict. Served with crispy prosciutto, hollandaise sauce, and trattoria potatoes.

DSC_0026b

This was pretty standard. Nothing to complain about, but nothing to rave over either. I thought the prosciutto was a nice touch, and the potatoes were very crispy (I hate when they come soft/soggy).

One of my friends decided to order off the lunch menu and chose a pasta.

DSC_0027B

It was cooked al dente, and had a light refreshing sauce.

The last dish on the table was the lasagna, which I unfortunately forgot to snap a picture of. It was a passable dish, but I found it very mushy and one-noted. I have definitely had better lasagnas.

We had a great time catching up and exchanging gifts, and the staff were all good sports about taking pictures for us girls. I definitely want to come back on a Tuesday night for their 11$ pastas.

I'm actually attempting to make an authentic tiramisu today- wish me luck!

I'll be posting the results :)

Trattoria Italian Kitchen on Urbanspoon

5 comments:

  1. Nice food. yum yum.... Wishing you and yr family a Merry Christmas!! ho..ho..ho....

    ReplyDelete
  2. this food looks simply delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful. You and the food. :)
    And thank you for reading my blog.
    Hope you are well.

    ReplyDelete